Broccoli Mac and Cheese was on the first ever F&F menu - over 4 years ago! Since then, our member base grew so much it became hard to scale. After several tests, Chef Maggie was recently able to re-introduce the dish to our members.
This kid-friendly recipe is perfect for young,picky eaters or adults of any age looking for a warming, home-cooked meal.
The recipe incorporates broccoli for a lighter touch and added nutrients. We also make our own seasoned, toasted bread crumbs for a crunchy topping. Check out the full recipe below!
Broccoli Mac & Cheese
PREP TIME15 MINS
COOK TIME25 MINS
Panko Bread Crumbs
Parmesan - Grated (for breadcrumb mixture)
1 1/2 tbsp
Garlic - Granulated
1 1/2 cups
Pasta - Shells
Butter - Unsalted
Ground Black Pepper
Parmesan - Grated (for cheese sauce)
Monterey Jack Cheese
1. Toss panko, 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan, garlic powder and olive oil in mixing bowl together. Toast mixture in 350 ̊ oven for 5-10 min or until mixture is golden brown. Set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil (add salt). Blanch broccoli for about 1-2 min then drain well. Set aside.
3. Bring a large stock pot of water to boil (add salt to water). Cook pasta according to package instructions (about 8-9 min). Run pasta under cold water to stop cooking process. Drain well and set aside.
4. Heat butter in large sauce pot. Once melted and bubbling add flour to create a roux. Once roux starts turning slightly golden brown add milk and whisk until smooth. Bring milk and roux mixture up to boiling (it will start to thicken, continue to whisk to prevent from burning) and reduce to low. Add black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt.
5. Over very low heat gradually add the remaining cheeses, whisking/ stirring to incorporate. Add shell pasta to the cheese sauce and combine.
6. Add blanched broccoli florets to the shell pasta and cheese mixture and stir to combine.
7. Serve topped with toasted bread crumbs and enjoy!
First 3 followers to post their creation of this recipe and tag us get $40 in F&F credits 🎁
We deliver to your door!
Receive your meals from our in-house delivery team, packaged and labeled with reheating instructions. We currently service Rhode Island and Massachusetts.