What's better for chilly weather than a warm soup with wholesome and filling ingredients? Try this classic chicken & dumpling soup for the perfect cozy dinnertime this winter.
Our dumpling recipe promises a soft and tender bite you're going to love. Let us know what you think 👇
SERVES 6-8 SERVING
PREP TIME20 MINS
COOK TIME1 HOUR
Chicken & Dumpling Soup
White Onion - Diced
Celery - Diced
Carrots - Diced
Medium Yellow Potatoes - Diced
1 tbsp + 1 tsp
Ground Black Pepper
1 1/3 cup
1. Heat a medium pot with oil. Once hot, sear chicken thighs the flip to cook the other side. Add onion, carrots and celery to same pan; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion is tender.
2. Add chicken stock and place lid on top. Bring to a simmer for about 45 minutes. Remove chicken and shred, then add back into stock.
3. Add diced potatoes, sage, 1 tbsp salt, and pepper. Cover lid and let simmer.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine flour, water, baking powder, miracle whip, and 1 tsp salt.
5. Scoop 2oz dumplings on top of simmering soup, a few at a time. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Gently stir in parsley and enjoy!