No one wants to spend too much time cooking breakfast on Christmas morning, so why not make it the night before? Here is a recipe that soaks overnight, so all that's left to do in the morning is bake! Think french toast meets bread pudding. Pro Tip: Use your favorite bread from Seven Stars Bakery for this recipe—we used their sourdough batard. 😍 The best part? It's crumbly, crunchy, and sweet topping.
PREP TIME 6 HRS
COOK TIME45 MINS
Overnight French Toast
Sourdough Loaf - Cubed
Heavy Whipping Cream
Butter - Melted
Cinnamon - Ground
1. Slice sourdough bread into large cubes. Set aside.
2. Whisk together eggs, whole milk, heavy whipping cream, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add cubed bread to the bowl. Fold together, cover, and let sit overnight.
3. In a small bowl, use a fork make a crumble. Add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. (This can be set aside in the fridge overnight).
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a casserole dish by coating it in butter.
4. Add overnight bread mixture to casserole dish. Top with cinnamon crumble and bake for 45 minutes. Slice and enjoy! 😊
We deliver to your door!
Receive your meals from our in-house delivery team, packaged and labeled with reheating instructions. We currently service Rhode Island and Massachusetts.