Rosh Hashanah is the celebration of the Jewish New Year. Every year at F&F, we make a special holiday menu for members and non-members to relax and have their holiday meal delivered to their door.
This particular brisket recipe was created by one of our talented production chefs who practices Judaism and is fully Kosher. He has been making it for years and is excited to share it with you!
SERVES 6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOK TIME3 HRS
Whole Beef Brisket
San Marzano Tomatoes (Diced or Whole) - Canned
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Heat large sauté pan or cast iron skillet. While that's heating, season beef with salt and pepper.
3. Add vegetable oil to hot pan. Sear brisket on both sides. Remove from pan.
4. Turn heat to low and add onions. Sauté for 3-4 minutes. Then, add crushed garlic, carrots, celery root, and leeks. Cook for 5 minutes on medium/low heat. Add tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. De-glaze pan with red wine. Add stock, brown sugar, tomatoes, and herbs. Place and brisket and mixture in hotel pan or deep sheet pan. Cover pan with parchment paper and aluminum foil. Bake for 3 hours or until beef is fork tender.
6. Remove beef from pan and let rest for 5 minutes. Discard herbs.
7. Thinly slice beef, then place back in pan for 30 minutes so it can continue to build flavor...then enjoy!
First 3 followers to post their creation of this recipe and tag us get $40 in F&F credits 🎁
We deliver to your door!
Receive your meals from our in-house delivery team, packaged and labeled with reheating instructions. We currently service Rhode Island and Massachusetts.