Our Mediterranean Chicken Stew is the perfect bowl of comfort food. It's filled with hearty vegetables, tender shredded chicken, and flavorful stock.
Although this recipe is not as quick as some of our others - the extra time is made up in flavor. It is one of those dishes that will taste even better the next day - so don't be afraid to make extra and save the rest for later!
Create this dish yourself using the full recipe below! Eat Well.
Mediterranean Chicken Stew
PREP TIME20 MINS
COOK TIME1 HOUR
Onions - Diced, 1/4"
Carrots - Diced, 1/2"
Celery - Diced, 1/2"
Garlic - Peeled
Basil - Dried
Thyme - Bunched & Tied
Dried Bay Leaves
Yukon Creamer Potatoes - Quartered
Ground Black Pepper
Chicken Thighs - Boneless, Skinless
Fresh Parsley - Chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper, sear until browned in dutch oven, then set aside.
3. In the same pot add the carrots until slightly tender, about 8 minutes. Add the diced onion and celery; cook until translucent.
4. Add the garlic, basil, oregano, and bay leaf. Cook for 30-60 seconds until fragrant. Remove vegetables and herb mixture, then set aside
5. In same pot add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Mix the cornstarch with a dash of cold water and stir to combine.
6. Whisk the mixture into the fully boiling stock and cook for one minute. You will notice the stock thickening.
7. Add cooked chicken, cooked vegetables, potatoes, and thyme (thyme gets tied into a bunch with butcher's twine) to the thickened stock, cover, and bake in the oven until everything is tender, about 50 minutes to an hour.
8. Remove from oven. Chicken should be tender enough to shred into pieces using two forks to pull apart. Remove tied thyme. Serve garnished with parsley and enjoy!
First 3 followers to post their creation of this recipe and tag us get $40 in F&F credits 🎁
We deliver to your door!
Receive your meals from our in-house delivery team, packaged and labeled with reheating instructions. We currently service Rhode Island and Massachusetts.