Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Dec 16, 2022 1:08:59 PM • Carly Hanellin
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cool Time: 20 mins
Rich, and flavorful with a golden brown crispy crust, these individual chicken pot pies are perfect when you’re looking for a comforting meal.
They are easy to make and the perfect comfort food that makes an excellent finger food, appetizer, or dinner. Serve these at your next winter gathering for the ultimate comfort food.
|SERVES 4 SERVING|
|PREP TIME 25 MINS|
|COOL TIME 50 MINS|
|Boneless, Skinless, Shredded Chicken||2 lbs|
|Unsalted Butter||4 tbsp|
|Ground Black Pepper||1/8 tsp|
|Kosher Salt||1/4 tsp|
|Chicken Broth||2 cups|
|All-Purpose Flour||4 tbsp|
|Yellow Onion - Medium Dice||1 each|
|Garlic - Minced||2 cloves|
|Carrots - Medium Dice||1/2 cups|
|Green Beans||1/2 cup|
|Heavy Cream||2 tbsp|
|Puff Pastry||1 sheet|
|Eggs, Beaten||1 each|
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan or pot. Add flour and whisk constantly to form a roux, without any lump. Add chicken broth and continue whisking for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
2. Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and Cayenne pepper, add the cream and stir to combine. Add shredded chicken, diced potato, garlic, onion, and all vegetables to the sauce and give a good stir to combine everything. Cook on medium-low for 2-3 minutes, adjust seasoning if necessary.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry sheet and dust with flour to prevent sticking. Use a bowl or small plate of 1-inch (2 ½ cm) larger than the ramekins to cut out your pastry with a sharp knife.
4. Spoon the chilled chicken filling into the ramekins and sprinkle with additional black pepper. Brush the exterior edges of the ramekins with the beaten egg and cover with a disc of puff pastry. Fold over the edges and press lightly against the edge of the ramekin with your fingers. Brush the top and sides of the pastry with the beaten egg. Repeat the process for all ramekins.
5. Transfer the ramekins to a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 400°F (200°C) on the rack positioned in the middle of the oven for about 20-30 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!