Pollo Guisado is a braised chicken stew popular in Caribbean and Latin American cuisines.
We've recently made it better by improving our recipe and we can't wait for you to try it. It's the perfect weeknight meal to enjoy with the whole family, plus make a little extra for leftovers. Check out the changes we made below and try this delicious dish out for yourself.
SERVES 6 SERVING
PREP TIME1 HR 5 MINS
COOK TIME1 HOUR
1/3 cup oz
Red Bell Peppers
Diced Canned Tomatoes
Yukon Creamer Potatoes
Marinated Chicken Thighs:
Chicken Thighs - Diced
Ground Annatto Seeds
Ground Black Pepper
1. Add diced chicken thighs and seasoning to a bowl. Let marinate for at least an hour to overnight.
2. In a pot over medium-high heat, sear chicken until golden brown on one side then remove and reserve (about 5 minutes).
3. Add tomato paste then saute the mirepoix until onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the peppers and potatoes and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the sofrito and saute until fragrant, about 4-5 minutes.
5. Add diced tomato, chicken, chicken stock, oregano, thyme, and bay leaf. Simmer on medium heat for 1 hour until chicken is tender. Fold in parlsey.
6. Top with extra fresh parsley, serve, and enjoy!