Happy Hanukkah to those who are celebrating! 🕎 We've got a latke recipe for you — by adding a mix of your favorite root vegetables to your more traditional latkes adds more earthy flavors, natural sweetness, and is the perfect way to add more nutrients to the dish. (P.S.- We had a great time taste testing these and think you'll find them delicious.)
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOK TIME10 MINS
Root Vegetable Latkes
Dill or Scallions
1. Grate russet potato, sweet potato, beets, onion, and carrot into a medium-sized bowl.
2. Place the grated vegetables into a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much of the excess water as possible. This will help it get nice and crispy when you go to start frying them!
3. Discard any of the water removed and place back into the bowl.
4. Now add your eggs, kosher salt, and potato starch until fully combined. Set aside.
5. Heat pan to medium-high heat. Once hot, add sunflower oil. Scoop mixture into hot pan and press down, forming patties. Let fry until golden brown, then flip and repeat on the other side.
6. Once fully cooked and golden, add to a cooling rack with sheet tray underneath to catch the extra oil. Add flaky salt, a small dollop of sour cream, and herbs for a tasty garnish. Enjoy!