Here is our take on a New England classic recipe, Stuffed Quahogs (AKA Stuffies"). 🦪
Did you know that the name "quahog" is unique New England? The rest of the world refers to them as hard-shelled clams.
There is nothing like a fresh batch of Stuffed Quahogs after a beach day. Our recipe includes a quick, homemade, flavorful stuffing filled with freshly shucked clams. Because of Rhode Island's Portuguese influence, we also added Portuguese chourico sausage to our stuffing mixture.
Use the recipe below to make this staple summer New England recipe.
PREP TIME20 MINS
COOK TIME30 MINS
Green Bell Pepper
Garlic - Minced
Stale White Bread
Ground Black Pepper
Lemon Wedges (for serving)
1. Soak and wash clams. Scrubbing to get any sand off. While they are soaking, blitz stale bread in a food processor until large bread crumbs form. Set aside.
2. Place clams in a single layer in a large pot. Add water until it reaches the back hinges of the clams. Bring water to a low simmer and cover with a lid. Steam for about 5-10 minutes until the clam shells begin to open. Once they open, remove from the water and let cool enough to handle. While cooling, remove 1 1/2 cup of clam broth to save for later.
3. Using a pouty sheers or a clam knife, cut through the back hinges of the clam. Once opened, remove inside meat of clams and finely chop. Set aside.
4. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add chourico and cook until fully heated. Add onion, celery, and bell pepper top skillet. Cook until vegetables are softened, then add minced garlic and cook for one more minute. Add chopped clams, breadcrumbs, and clam broth. Stir in parsley, salt, and pepper.
5. Place clam shells (split in half) on baking sheet. Use about 1/4 of a cup of stuffing mixture per clam shell half. Brush stuffing tops with melted butter.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Garnish with smoked paprika, chopped parsley, and lemon. Enjoy!
First 3 followers to post their creation of this recipe and tag us get $40 in F&F credits 🎁
We deliver to your door!
Receive your meals from our in-house delivery team, packaged and labeled with reheating instructions. We currently service Rhode Island and Massachusetts.