We are introducing our new welcome gift from Newport Sea Salt Co., pure sea salt sourced from Brenton Reef in Newport RI, with a recipe worth indulging. 😍
Our special welcome gift is meant to assist on those nights you aren't enjoying F&F, as it only takes a few flakes to elevate the flavor of any dish. You may have tried these cookies before, but we certainly think using Newport Sea Salt takes this cookie to another level. This salt has a noticeable freshness, great texture, and just the right amount of saltiness to balance with semi-sweet chocolate.
If you're a sweet and salty fan, this is the cookie for you. Keep scrolling for the full recipe!
Vegan Chocolate Chip w/ Sea Salt
PREP TIME1 HOUR
COOK TIME12 MINS
1 1/2 cups
Light Brown Sugar
2 1/4 tbsp
1 1/2 tbsp
1 1/4 tsp
Vegan Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 cups
Newport Sea Salt (or equivalent)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Pour melted vegan butter into the stand mixer bowl. Add the sugars and beat with the paddle attachment on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a separate bowl, whisk together the seltzer, oat milk and vanilla extract. Slow the mixer to stir and slowly work in this mixture to the vegan butter and sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined, about 30 sec.
5. Gradually integrate the dry ingredients, stopping a couple of times to scrape down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula. One the flour is worked in, drop the speed to "stir" and add chocolate chips.
6. Scoop cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
7. Once chilled, push cookie dough down slightly with the palm of your hand. Sprinkle cookie dough with a sea salt.
8. Bake cookies for 8 min, then turn pans and bake for another 6-7 min. Let cool and enjoy!
First 3 followers to post their creation of this recipe and tag us get $40 in F&F credits 🎁
We deliver to your door!
Receive your meals from our in-house delivery team, packaged and labeled with reheating instructions. We currently service Rhode Island and Massachusetts.