Making Vegetarian Pulled "Pork" Sliders requires finding a pork alternative that is just as delicious. After spending time on recipe testing, we found that king oyster mushrooms do the best job replicating the texture and meaty flavor of pulled pork!
By tossing in a homemade bbq spice mix, as well as a sweet and sticky bbq sauce, it'll surprisingly taste like the real thing! We suggest serving this dish with BBQ classics like corn on the cob, coleslaw, and potato salad for a tasty, all-vegetarian backyard BBQ meal - to enjoy with friends and family.
Use the full recipe provided below!Eat Well.
Vegetarian Pulled "Pork" Sliders
PREP TIME25 MINS
COOK TIME20 MINS
King Oyster Mushrooms
Light Brown Sugar
Ground Black Pepper
Stubb's BBQ Sauce - Sticky, Sweet
King's Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Mix light brown sugar, salt, granulated garlic, onion powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper in a small bowl to make bbq dry rub seasoning mix.
2. Shred mushrooms. Slicing each mushroom in half then peel with your hands into "pulled pork" like strands. Add to large bowl and mix in sunflower oil and bbq dry rub seasoning mix.
3. Scatter shredded mushrooms on parchment lined sheet pans. (Try not to overcrowd). Place in oven for 15-20 minutes.
4. Let mushrooms cool slightly then add to bowl and toss with BBQ sauce.
5. Add to Hawaiian rolls to make slider sandwiches!
First 3 followers to post their creation of this recipe and tag us get $40 in F&F credits 🎁
We deliver to your door!
Receive your meals from our in-house delivery team, packaged and labeled with reheating instructions. We currently service Rhode Island and Massachusetts.