Are you looking for the perfect dessert to bring to your holiday party? This Apple Sheet Pan Pie is here if you need a last-minute and unique dessert that is sure to impress. We use cinnamon rolls as the crust and simple apple pie filling. Don't want to make the filling, canned apple pie filling will work just as well!
SERVES 6 SERVING
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOK TIME30 MINS
Apple Sheet Pan Pie
Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
Pecans - Chopped
Apple Pie Filling:
Granny Smith Apples - sliced
1. First make your apple filling: Place the water, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large pan.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Add sliced apples to the pan and stir to coat with the sauce. Lower the heat to medium and cook until the apples have softened, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the butter to the pan and stir until it has melted. Set mixture aside to let cool.
4. Heat oven to 375°F. Separate each can of dough into 8 rolls; cut each roll in half crosswise to make two thin rolls.
5. In medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Mix in pecans; set aside to use as streusel.
6. In ungreased 18x13-inch rimmed sheet pan, place rolls in single layer; pat and press to stretch and cover bottom and sides of pan. Spoon and spread pie filling over cinnamon roll crust; top evenly with streusel. Bake 42 to 47 minutes or until top of edges are deep golden brown and top is golden brown.
7. Cool in pan on cooling rack 45 minutes. Finish with icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls, make your own, or leave as is.