"My mom used to make this recipe every year during the holidays. My wife loves it, and I make it for us every year! The addition of butternut squash adds a sweet seasonal flavor that makes it a little different than your traditional scalloped potatoes." -Antonio, Content Producer
SERVES 6 SERVING
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOK TIME30 MINS
Butternut Squash Scalloped Potatoes
Garlic - Minced
Panko Bread Crumbs
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Peel, halve lengthwise and seed squash; cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices along with your potatoes. Arrange with slices overlapping slightly in bottom of baking dish.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is soft and butter is infused with garlic flavor. Do not let butter brown.
3. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and 1 tablespoon of the butter-garlic mixture.
4. Brush squash slices with remaining butter-garlic mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and bread crumb mixture.
5. Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with fork. Increase oven temperature to 425°F; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Before serving, sprinkle parsley over top and extra cheese.