Rice Krispie Treats go down in F&F history as one of the first desserts we ever put on the menu.
We made a brown butter & sea salt variation that was the perfect buttery, gooey, marshmallowy, slightly salty treat. Over the years we have added many more dessert options to our menus but we still can never pass up a good old, well-made, rice krispie treat...
Recently, I decided to make another version using our popular rice krispie treat base but this time it’s Halloween themed. These are seriously one of the easiest desserts you can make at home and a fun activity if you have little ones: they only have 4 ingredients and take less than 15 minutes!
PREP TIME15 MINS
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
1 Stick (½ cup)
10 oz Bag
Halloween Oreos, Crushed
1. Set aside 1 cup of mini marshmallows to use later in the recipe.
2. Chop up 2 cups of Oreos
3. Grease a glass or metal 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with softened butter or pan spray.
4. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat until it starts bubbling, then add the marshmallows and vigorously stir. Turn off the heat once the mixture becomes cohesive and smooth.
5. Add the rice krispies, chopped Halloween oreos and the reserved cup of mini marshmallows to the pot and stir to combine.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down into the pan using your hands.
7. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.