Try out this homemade, healthier version of a kid's classic — poptarts. This simple recipe is so much fun to make with your little ones. With endless customizations, use their favorite type of jam to create your own poptart flavor.
SERVES 8 SERVING
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOK TIME15 MINS
Homemade Berry Poptarts
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Lay out defrosted pie crust and cut into 3x5in rectangles.
3. Lay out 8 rectangles on the parchment lined baking sheet. Add 1 ½ Tablespoons of desired jam.
4. Beat the egg for your egg wash in a small bowl. Brush the edges with your egg wash and then place another rectangle on top of the rectangle with the jam.
5. Gently pinch the edges to seal and then using a fork, crimp the edges. Poke some holes in the top of the pop tart and then brush the entire top, including edges, with the egg wash. Continue with the rest of the pop tarts. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Once cooled, whisk together milk, raspberry jam, and vanilla to make icing, then spread over each pop tart.