All you need is Italian sausage, peppers, onions, marinara sauce, and fresh mozzarella cheese. If you've never worked with store-bought pizza dough before, it's super easy! Letting it rest for 20-30 minutes before will help the gluten in the dough relax, making it easier to work with.
SERVES 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME30 MINS
COOK TIME45 MINS
Red Bell Pepper
Italian Sausage - Ground
Egg White, Beaten
White Sesame Seeds
1. Prepare the pizza dough as instructed on the package and preheat the oven to 500°F.
2. In a pot over medium heat, brown your sausage, then set it aside. Reduce heat to low and add the olive oil onions and peppers. Cook until onions are translucent then add the marinara sauce. Cover and simmer on low heat for 5-10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely. (It should not be too saucy).
3. Spray a nonstick sheet pan with oil. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough on a floured surface to a 16 x 10 inch rectangle.
4. Place the onions and peppers leaving about 1 1/2 inch from the edge. Top the sausage over the peppers and onions. Top with mozzarella cheese. Use the egg whites, brush along the edge of the dough.
Fold one side of the dough over to cover the filling, then the short edges, followed by the other side, stretching slightly to seal and pinch the ends.
5. Lay the bread seam side down on the prepared pan. Cut small slats in the top and brush with egg white. Top with sesame seeds and bake for 10 minutes. Then, turn the pan and reduce the heat to 375°F. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool then enjoy!