If you're looking for a way to celebrate, these Irish Soda Bread Muffins are the way to go! They get their name from using baking soda rather than yeast (which is normally used in bread) as the leavening agent. I love enjoying them with jam, butter, and warm out of the oven.
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOK TIME20 MINS
Irish Soda Bread Muffins
1 1/2 cups
Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line with papers, and lightly grease the papers.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, currants or raisins, and caraway seeds.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt, and butter.
4. Gently combine the dry and wet ingredients. As soon as everything is evenly moistened, stop stirring to avoid the texture being too tough.
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, filling the cups about 3/4 full. Top with sparkling white sugar (optional).
6. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
We deliver to your door!
Receive your meals from our in-house delivery team, packaged and labeled with reheating instructions. We currently service Rhode Island and Massachusetts.