If you're cooking for the Fourth of July this weekend, we've got the perfect recipe for you. Wow your guests with these simple Red White & Blue Pavlovas!
If you've never heard of Pavlova, It’s a deliciously sweet meringue with a crispy outside and a soft, light inside. We've topped it with whipped cream and lots of fresh and colorful berries, so it'll fit right in with your Fourth of July celebrations.
The best part about Pavlova is that it only contains a few basic ingredients that you probably only have in your home. Give it a try below!
Red, White & Blue Pavlova
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOK TIME2 HOURS
1 ¼ cups, plus 2 teaspoons
Egg Whites, at room temperature
Fresh Lemon Juice
Sugar (for fruit)
1. Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2. Place sugar in a food processor and run for 2 minutes to create superfine sugar. Remove 2 teaspoons of the sugar and stir with cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat the egg whites with lemon juice and kosher salt using an electric mixer on medium speed. Beat until soft peaks form (about 2 minutes).
4. With the mixer running slowly add the remaining 1 1⁄4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp at a time. Add the cornstarch-sugar mixture and vanilla extract. Continue beating until glossy, stiff peaks form, another 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Scoop the meringue onto the parchment to make 6-8 small rounds. Using the back of a spoon or rubber spatula spread the rounds and create a slight concave center.
6. Place the meringue in the oven and reduce to 250°F. Bake the meringue for 1 and a half hours. Turn off the oven and let it dry in the oven for another 30 minutes.
7. Take meringue out of the oven and let cool. Meanwhile, fold whipped cream and vanilla yogurt together. Set aside. Place raspberries and blackberries in a bowl with 1 tbsp of sugar. Let macerate for 30 minutes.
8. Top center of pavlovas with whipped cream-yogurt mixture and berries. Serve and enjoy!
First 3 followers to post their creation of this recipe and tag us get $40 in F&F credits 🎁
We deliver to your door!
Receive your meals from our in-house delivery team, packaged and labeled with reheating instructions. We currently service Rhode Island and Massachusetts.