Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffin
Jun 22, 2022 3:45:58 PM • Maggie Pearson
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
It’s finally strawberry season in New England! This past weekend my son Q and I drove to our local U-Pick farm to collect a basket full of sweet, sun ripened strawberries. Although Q ate a ton of strawberries on the ride home, we surprisingly still had plenty to make these Fresh Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins.
Q was able to make most of the recipe by himself (he is almost 4) and overall this was a great recipe to get the kids involved. They were also a huge hit with my son Des, who is only 13 months old! You can learn more about successfully cooking with kids in this post.
Give these muffins and try and let me know what you think!
|SERVES 6 SERVINGS|
|PREP TIME 10 MINS|
|COOK TIME 20 MINS|
|All-Purpose Flour||1 1/4 cup|
|Baking Soda||1/2 tsp|
|White Sugar||1/4 cup|
|Light Brown Sugar||1/4 cup|
|Unsweetened Cinnamon Applesauce||1/3 cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1/2 tsp|
|Mini Chocolate Chips||1/3 cup|
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon applesauce, egg and vanilla until well combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir with a rubber spatula until just combined - try not to over-mix. Stir in the strawberries and mini chocolate chips.
5. Using a large cookie scoop or large spoon fill the lined muffin tins with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean. Remove from the oven and place the muffin pan on a wire cooling rack. After about 5 minutes remove muffins from the muffin tin and let fully cool on a wire rack.
6. Muffins will remain fresh stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or refrigerated for 1 week.