This traditional Italian Struffoli is a show-stopping dessert perfect for your holiday dessert table.
"My favorite thing about this recipe is when it's a day or two old, and the honey soaks into the struffoli... you've got to try it." - Dylan
SERVES 6-8 SERVING
PREP TIME30 MINS
COOK TIME15 MINS
Butter - Softened
for deep frying
1. With an electric mixer, combine the flour, butter, eggs, and salt into a smooth and elastic dough.
2. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
3. Mold the dough into tiny balls, each about ½ inch in diameter.
4. Pour oil into a small saucepan to a depth of about 4 inches. When it is very hot, deep-fry the balls a few at a time until they are golden. Drain them on paper towels.
5. In a large saucepan, slowly heat the honey, sugar, and water until the mixture is golden-brown and smooth. Drop the struffoli into the honey, stir, and pour the mixture out on a plate. Top with sprinkles and enjoy!