Head to your local farmers' market and grab this squash for a delicious meal!
This Stuffed Delicata Squash recipe makes for the perfect seasonal side or main for the next night you need something easy. Delicata squash is one of the few squashes you can enjoy the skin, too—so there is no need for peeling. Try it out and let us know how you enjoy this fall recipe.
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOK TIME10 MINS
Stuffed Delicata Squash
1 1/2 tsp
Ground Black Pepper
Celery - Chopped
Red Bell Peppers - Chopped
Shiitake Mushroom - Chopped
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Drizzle the cut sides of the squash with oil and sprinkle with half of the salt and pepper. Place face down on a large baking sheet. Bake until tender and browned on the edges, about 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saute pan cook sausage on medium heat, breaking up the meat into small pieces as it cooks until the sausage is cooked through and is browned. Move to the side and add the onion, celery, and peppers. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms and thyme to the pan, more salt and pepper if needed, and cook, stirring 5 minutes.
5. Divide between the squash halves, top with parmesan cheese and bake 10 minutes.
6. Once out of the oven, top with more parmesan cheese and enjoy!