Make sushi and get the whole family involved — this Sweet Potato Avocado Sushi Roll is a great way to introduce new foods and have fun while you're at it! 🍣
It's also the perfect on-the-go snack, lunch, or light dinner. Not a fan of the fillings? Trying out different filling variations with this recipe is easy!
PREP TIME20 MINS
COOK TIME20 MINS
Sweet Potato Avocado Sushi Roll
1 1/2 cup
Sweet Potato - 1/2" sticks
Avocado - 1/2" slices
Cucumber - 1/2" sticks
1. Cook the sushi rice according to package instructions. While sushi rice is cooking, preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cute and bake sweet potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes, set aside. Cut avocado and cucumber, set aside.
3. To assemble the sushi, add a nori sheet to a sushi rolling mat. Add a layer of rice to the bottom 2/3 of the nori, leaving about 2 inches of space at the top. Press the rice down firmly to ensure it sticks (It helps if your fingers are a bit wet). Flip the sheet of nori with rice so that the rice is on the bottom.
4. Add all your fillings to the bottom half of the rice.
5. To roll, use the bamboo mat to gently fold the roll up and out. Keep rolling until you get to the last inch of the nori.
6. Once the rolling is complete, cut your roll into 1 inch thick slices. Drizzle top with sriracha mayo (you can buy premade OR mix 3 tbsp mayo with 1 tbsp sriracha) and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
We deliver to your door!
Receive your meals from our in-house delivery team, packaged and labeled with reheating instructions. We currently service Rhode Island and Massachusetts.