Been wanting to try a stuffed shells recipe? These Sweet Potato & Caramelized Onion Stuffed Shells.
The use of caramelized onions, a drizzle of honey, and gorgonzola makes for an irresistible sweet and salty flavor. Serve it at your next dinner party, as a weekend dinner, or to relax and enjoy really anytime you want.
SERVES 4 SERVING
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOK TIME30 MINS
Sweet Potato Stuffed Shells
Jumbo Pasta Shells
Ground Black Pepper
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
1 1/2 cup
1 1/2 cup
Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until softened. Add garlic powder and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain pasta; set aside.
4. Stir the broth, sherry, thyme and pepper into onions. Bring to a boil; cook until the liquid is almost evaporated. Remove from the heat. Stir in sweet potatoes and Gorgonzola cheese.
5. Spoon mixture into shells and place in a casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with honey drizzled on top.