Sweet & Salty Cookie
Jan 15, 2021 10:00:57 PM • Carly Hanellin
prep time: 1 hr 15 mins
cook time: 13 mins
Sweet and salty: the most irresistible flavor combination.
With the help of butterscotch, potato chips, and flaked sea salt - Chef Maggie takes your classic chocolate chip cookie to the next level.
Experience these perfectly balanced cookies yourself using the full recipe below!
|SERVES 12 COOKIES|
|PREP TIME 1 HOUR 15 MINS|
|COOK TIME 13 MINS|
|Unsalted Butter||1 1/2 cups|
|All-Purpose Flour||4 cups|
|Baking Soda||1/2 tbsp|
|White Sugar||1/2 cup|
|Brown Sugar||2 3/8 cup|
|Eggs||4 each (2 yolks only, 2 whole eggs)|
|Whole Milk||1/4 cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tbsp|
|Chocolate Chunks||8 oz|
|Butterscotch Chips||6 oz|
|Potato Chips||4 oz|
|Kosher Salt||½ tbsp|
|Maldon Sea Salt||2 1/2 tsp|
5. Meanwhile in a separate bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, milk and vanilla extract.
6. Slow the mixer to stir and slowly work the egg mixture into the butter and sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds.
7. Gradually integrate the dry ingredients, stopping a couple of times to scrape down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
8. Once the dry ingredients are worked in, slow the speed to stir and add the chocolate chunks, butterscotch chips and chips.
9. Using a 2 oz ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Press down slightly and top with maldon sea salt. (Feel free to add extra potato chip pieces if you want extra crunch!) Chill dough in fridge for about 1 hour.
10. Bake cookies for 8 minutes, then turn pans and bake for another 7-8 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.