Jan 18, 2023 10:13:29 AM
Lettuce is a staple in many households, but it can be difficult to keep it fresh for more than a few days. Here are some tips for keeping your lettuce fresh for as long as possible.
By following these simple tips, you can enjoy fresh lettuce for days longer than you might have thought possible. Plus, we've got the easiest and quickest way to destem kale 🥬
2. Gather the leaves between the thumb and forefinger of your dominant hand. Pull back and away along the stem in one confident motion, applying even pressure to strip the leaves from both sides.
3. Discard stems and tear or chop leaves as needed
2. Let them soak for 10–30 minutes, then drain. Wrap the leaves in a damp towel and chill before using (or if you need them immediately, cool them down in ice water).
3. Remove them from the fridge, and they will be perfectly crisp!
1. Wash and dry the leaves
2. Cut leaves to the desired size
3. Place a paper towel in a plastic bag. Add lettuce on top.
4. Press out as much air as possible and seal the bag before placing in the refrigerator.