Vegan Orange Cranberry Rolls
Dec 26, 2022 11:59:08 AM • Carly Hanellin
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 40 mins
These vegan orange cranberry rolls are packed with bright festive flavors. They're the perfect treat for everybody at your holiday party and are so simple to make!
|SERVES 6 SERVING|
|PREP TIME 1 HOUR|
|COOK TIME 40 MINS|
|All-Purpose Flour||2 3/4 cups|
|White Sugar||1/4 cup|
|Baking Soda||2 tsp|
|Baking Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Oat Milk||3/4 cup|
|Vegan Butter||5 tbsp|
|Fresh or Frozen Cranberries||1 1/2 cups|
|Orange Juice||2 tbsp|
|Vanilla Bean Paste||1 tsp|
|Powdered Sugar||1/2 cup|
|Orange Juice||1 tbsp|
|Orange Zest||1 tsp|
- 3. Place dough on a floured work surface and, using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 10×14-inch (25x35cm) rectangle.
3. While the dough is rising, make the cranberry filling. Please note that you'll want to make this at least 30 minutes before you are ready to roll the buns so the filling has time to cool and thicken.
4. First, whisk together the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl to form a slurry. Then, add 1 cup of the cranberries, ½ cup of the sugar, the cornstarch water slurry, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla bean paste/extract from the cranberry filling ingredients to a small saucepan. Make sure to set aside the remaining ½ cup of cranberries and ¼ cup of sugar for later.
7. Starting from the longer end of the dough, roll the dough into a log. Make sure to tuck the filling and large cranberries as you go so no filling escapes. Seal the dough ends together by pinching the dough together.
Cut off the ends of the dough and discard. Use a very sharp knife to cut the dough log into 10 evenly sized slices.
8. Add the slices to a buttered/well-oiled 10" pan or cast iron skillet. Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350°F until just slightly browned on top and cooked all the way through.