This vegetarian enchilada casserole is the perfect dinner for your family. It’s highly customizable, hearty, and filling. This recipe is easier than your normal enchilada recipe because there's no need to roll each tortilla with filling. You and your little ones will love the layers of cheese and crisp tortilla in each bite.
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOK TIME35 MINS
Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
Red Onion - Diced
Red Bell Pepper - Diced
Garlic - Sliced
1 (28oz) can
Ground Black Pepper
1 (15oz) can
1 (15oz) can
1 (7oz) can
Pepperjack Cheese - Shredded
1/2 cup (for garnish)
1/4 cup (for garnish)
1. Sauté onion and red pepper in olive oilalong with half of the amount of salt and pepper. Add garlic, cumin, and chili powder. Cook for another minute (add more oil if it looks too dry)
2. Add a splash of enchilada sauce to deglaze the large skillet or pot, scraping the bottom.
3. Addblack beans, corn, and green chiles. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. lightly grease a 9x 13 baking dish witholive oil. Pour ⅔ cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of place 8 halves of tortilla in a single layer on top of the sauce.
5. Add ½ of the veggie/bean mixture, and ⅔ cup of enchilada sauce in an even layer. Then add ⅓ of the shredded cheese. Next, add 8 more tortilla halves in a single layer and repeat each layer until you run out.
6. Finish on the last layer of tortillas, enchilada sauce, and cheese.
7. Cover tightly with tin foil and bake at 325°F for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, then slice, garnish, serve, and enjoy!