Switch up your usual holiday cookies and make these easy White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispies — they are the perfect project for you and your little ones to do together. They're ready in no time, so making multiple batches for your upcoming parties is easy.
SERVES 12 SERVING
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOL TIME20 MINS
White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispies
Peppermint Candy Canes - Crushed
Rice Krispies Cereal
White Chocolate Chips
1. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a pot over medium heat, melt butter, vanilla, salt, and marshmallows.
3. Once completely melted, stir in Rice Krispies cereal until fully coated in marshmallows mixture.
4. Press the Rice Krispies mixture into the baking sheet. To flatten the surface, lay waxed paper over it and press flat with a spatula or your hands. Set aside to rest and allow to set up.
5. Place white chocolate chip and peppermint extract in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat on medium-high microwave power in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring between heat cycles.
6. Spread melted chocolate evenly over the surface of the Rice Krispie treats. Sprinkle peppermint over the chocolate. Rest at room temperature or refrigerate until the chocolate sets up, and enjoy!